EgoPay Terms of Service
EgoPay is an online payment processor, registered and domiciled in the country of Seychelles, and are bound by the legal requirements of Seychelles, which include but is not limited to, limiting certain businesses from using the services offered by EgoPay.
Using the online services provided within the EgoPay website, is subject to full compliance with the Egopay Terms of Services as outlined below.
You must agree to be bound to all the conditions before opening an account with EgoPay.
EgoPay reserves the right to modify the Terms at any time and without prior notice. All modifications will be updated on this page and it is your responsibility to review the terms periodically.
By continuing to use the services of EgoPay you are deemed to be giving your conclusive acceptance of this agreement.
- A person must declare to be at least 18 years old at the time of registering an account and EgoPay reserves the right to ask for official personal identification documents for this purpose.
- Registering of multiple accounts is acceptable, but only one account is allowed for each e-mail address.
- Certain countries may be restricted from using EgoPay services and an up to date list of these may be obtained by contacting our customer support department
- Account holders may not violate any laws or regulations of their residential countries by using EgoPay’s services. Not respecting this clause will lead to account closure and the account holder holds all legal responsibility, including indemnity for possible losses.
- Accounts are non transferable and are under no circumstances to be transferred or assigned to a third party or legal entity.
- Account holders must comply with security, password protection and identity protection recommendations provided by EgoPay and by following its guidelines.
EgoPay collects personal information of account holders based on the current laws of Seychelles.
- Account holders are encouraged to provide valid and accurate personal information during registration as this step is mandatory if the bank wire funding and withdrawal option provided by EgoPay will be utilized. EgoPay reserves the right to verify all information provided and copies of personal identification documents and proof of address may be requested. Failing to comply with this clause could result in misuse of your account and immediate suspension may also occur to prevent fraudulent activity.
- The following documents are valid for personal information verification: valid passport, government issued identification document or driver’s license. Documents such as birth certificate, student card, working badge, are NOT acceptable.
- The following documents are valid for address verification: Recent bank or credit card statement, utility bill, such as gas, electricity or fixed telephone bill.
- Personal information can be changed under the tab Profile after logging in to your account. If for any reason, it is not possible to change some of the information, account holders must contact the customer service department with their updated information.
- Account holders must ensure their account details are updated regularly to ensure they are receiving EgoPay’s communications. EgoPay is not responsible for possible losses caused by account holders failing to comply with this clause. Please note that EgoPay reserves the right to send an account holder occasional emails containing information regarding new features, promotions and special events.
- Account holders personal information is kept for a period of three years after account closure for legal reasons.
EgoPay provides a secure environment to protect all sensitive information using advanced 256 bit SSL encryption provided by GeoTrust in
- Account holders must ensure that their login credentials are kept safely and are not shared with third parties.
- Account holders must ensure the security of their account password, PIN code and the answer to their security question.
- The PIN code must contain exactly 5 digits and is used as a 2nd step identity confirmation to log into your account.
- Passwords must contain at least one upper case letter, at least one digit and must contain a minimum of 8 characters. The password is necessary to obtain account access.
- The Security color is used to identify that you are in fact accessing the EgoPay website and not a 3rd party fraudulent website. The color will be shown on the 2nd log in step and will always be exactly the same security color used during the initial registration of that particular EgoPay account.
- Account holders agree to only use money exchangers that are verified and approved by EgoPay. The list of current exchangers can be found here.
EgoPay offer 3 account types
- Personal account, to be used by individuals for personal non-commercial use.
- Business account, to be used for business owners, planning to use EgoPay as a payment option on their website and require mass payment and API features.
- Exchanger account, to be used by EgoPay verified exchangers, offering a service exchanging e-currency funds for individuals.
Account holders have access to all transactions carried out with their account as well as any fees involved. Any possible irregularities are to be reported by contacting EgoPay Customer Service department.
- Each EgoPay account is attached to an e-mail address, which identifies the account and which must be provided when arranging a transaction. Account holders must insert the exact e-mail address of the recipient.
- EgoPay does not hold the responsibility for errors made by account holders inserting the recipient’s account identifier nor for wrong transfers, even if the instructions provided by a Merchant are incorrect.
- EgoPay does not hold responsibility for any type of damage or loss caused by payments made to the wrong recipients, payments made for incorrect amounts, payments made by third parties through an account holders account, errors in merchant’s content, delays or data loss caused by telecommunications systems, government acts, fraud and malfeasance of the account holder.
- All transactions are final and cannot be reversed.
- In case of suspicious/fraudulent funds, EgoPay reserves the right to put such transactions on hold for further investigation.
- Transactions, funding and withdrawals are subject to charges and fees. For more information and details regarding EgoPay fees please see fees section.
- A recipient’s account will be instantly credited with the inserted amount, once the sender confirms the transaction.
- EgoPay account holders can withdraw funds from EgoPay by using Payza or e-currency exchangers. Times to complete a withdrawal may vary due to security reasons, please visit our FAQ for current information.
- EgoPay does not take part in disputes between account holders and merchants. All transactions are final, irreversible and possible misunderstandings between an account holder and a merchant shall be acknowledged and resolved between them, except in the case of a merchant’s transgression or fraudulent use of EgoPay’s services, declared by a higher legal entity of an account holders jurisdiction. In some rare cases, EgoPay will investigate and reverse transactions found to violate fair practice and/or are abusive towards other EgoPay account holders or EgoPay services.
EgoPay strive to provide a safe environment for account holders.
- Accounts that are suspected to be fraudulent or engage in fraudulent activity may be limited during an investigation. During the investigation the user will be asked to explain the specifics of the account activity in order to lift the limitation from the account.
- If during the investigation the limited account proves to be fraudulent and involved in activities that are against EgoPay's terms and conditions the limitation will not be lifted.
- EgoPay reserves the right to terminate accounts that act as unauthorized e-currency exchangers and all of the related accounts.
- All merchant accounts are subjected to a temporary security freeze from incoming transactions. Please visit our FAQ for more information on current % and timeframe, or direct your questions to our customer support department.
- EgoPay is not responsible for any misuse of provided services. Account holders shall verify the usability of this type of financial service within their jurisdiction or country of citizenship and residence.
- EgoPay does not offer any guarantees regarding merchants offered services or products, neither the shipping nor quality of them.
- Account holders must refrain from swearing, abusing or threatening EgoPay employees, neither through email, support centre or live chat. Abusive conduct will not be tolerated and may result in account termination.
- Account holders must contact customer support by submitting a ticket in order to close their account.
- Accounts that were closed by account holder's own request can only be re-opened by a request from the account holder by contacting the customer support by submitting a ticket.
- EgoPay may terminate an account holder’s account without prior notice if found to violate the terms.
- Reasons for account termination include, but are not limited to: breaching of terms of service, fraudulent activity, law or regulation violation and in the case EgoPay are obligated to comply with court orders for investigation.
- EgoPay reserves the right to terminate an account in the case where the account holder is using any feature to hide their actual location and in the case of Copyright infringements.
- EgoPay does not terminate accounts due to inactivity.
The following activities are prohibited using EgoPay services:
- Child pornography
- Pharmaceutical sales
- Account holders shall only use EgoPay’s trademarks with written permission from the EgoPay administration.
- Account holders may not modify trademarks of EgoPay.
- Failing to comply with EgoPay copyright clauses will result in immediate account termination.
- EgoPay ensures that a safe and secure online interface is provided.
- All transactions are backed by USD and EUR.
- EgoPay commits to back all electronic funds with a USD and EUR reserve.
- EgoPay shall specify an exchange rate for orders coming from different currencies, to be agreed on before the transactions are pursued.